The Fort Bend Buyers Group was created in 2003 to increase the community support for all Fort Bend County students at the Fort Bend County Fair. Increasing numbers of FFA Chapters are organized in high schools in urban areas, and unfortunately the surrounding communities are not aware of their programs. Since our inception, we have directly touched the lives of over 1,279 students at the Fort Bend County Fair, and spent over $289,000 at the auctions and to students with non-sale animals.
The Fort Bend Buyers Group is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our Tax ID number is 57-1186010
Every year we receive thank you letters from the students we help. We received a wonderful thank you letter from one of the recipients of your contributions we just had to share. She expressed her gratitude and the pride she felt toward our community for supporting so many students and helping them reach their future goals! “It really made me open my eyes to how great and giving our community is,” said Cristian. This thank you letter is really a wonderful tribute to the Fort Bend Buyers Group, please see the impact our efforts are making. This letter is used with permission.
We raised $39,250.00 with 141 Buyers Group members. The majority of our members contributed $100, and several contributed more. We spent $48,348.00 with the re-sale of the projects we bought. We made a difference in the lives of 262 students through direct contributions and bidding at the auctions.
- At the Premium Sale, we bought 8 livestock animal projects and bid 30 additional times. We also added to 2 students whose projects sold below everyone else.
- At the Freezer Sale, we bought 38 livestock animal projects and bid 109 additional times. We also added funds to 24 students whose projects sold below everyone else.
- This year at the Commercial Heifer Auction we added to 4 students whose projects sold below everyone else.
- We also contributed to 19 students who did not make a sale.
It is a privilege to work with our members who make our community a better place. From the bottom of our boots, we say thank you to our 2018 members. Join us in 2019 and make a difference is the life of a student at the Fort Bend County Fair.
Since 2003 the Fort Bend Buyers Group has helped raise business awareness for Ag and Art Students with projects in the Fort Bend County Fair. Here’s what we’ve done so far.
- An average of 105 members join the Fort Bend Buyers Group each year.
- Purchased 312 projects in the Premium Auction and the Freezer Sale.
- We have added on to 225 student projects at either the Premium Auction or Freezer sale whose projects sold below everyone else.
- The Fort Bend Buyers Group has spent over $326,500 in the Fort Bend County Fair Livestock Auction and Freezer Sale since our inception.
- A Non-Sale Fund is established and over $32,000 has been distributed to 183 students.
- The Buyers Group has attracted new Individual buyers to the Auction.
The Fort Bend Buyers Group is a collection of individuals who join together each year to support our youth at the Fort Bend County Fair.